Monday, March 5, 2012

Banana Protein Shake

This shake was created by Sam and Leah.  I added the word 'protein' to the shake name because it is an extremely high source of protein.  Thanks Leah, as Ellie won't eat meat so I'm always looking for ways to supplement.  I've tried versions of this shake before, but never with tofu or flax seed.  I usually just make shakes for the kids, but with chocolate I'll probably have to save a cup for me!

2 cups ice
2 cups milk
2 bananas
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup extra firm tofu
2 Tbsp flax seed

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

1 comment:

  1. This shake tastes wonderful! Thank you Leah and Sam. I was grossed out putting the tofu in and was scared to try it, but I did and it was great. Maddie and Matt loved it too. Ellie didn't eat lunch or dinner today, but did take a few sips of the of the shake.

    ReplyDelete