Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Banana Boats in the Oven

When looking at Pinterest recently, I saw a post for banana boats.  I used to love making these around the campfire back in the good old days when I could camp.  I decided I would make them on the grill the next time we used it.  Well, 24 hours went by and I was craving them like crazy so I decided to try them in the oven instead.  The craving got so bad that I couldn't wait for the oven to heat up, so opted for the toaster oven instead.  My only complaint with these is that it didn't melt enough.  I've upped the temperature to 400 and the time to 15 minutes, so hopefully these settings will work better.

Ingredients:
Bananas (one per person, or more if you're really hungry!)
chocolate chips
miniature marshmallows
optional:  any other toppings you feel might be tasty

Instructions:
Slice a banana from end to end while still in the peel.  Do not slice all the way through the bottom peel.  Push the ends inward like a baked potato to pop it open a little.  Fill with chocolate chips and marshmallows.  Wrap with foil and bake at about 400 degrees for 15 minutes.  Unwrap and dig in with a fork!

No comments:

Post a Comment