Thursday, April 26, 2012

Whole Wheat Honey Banana Muffins

I found this recipe on food.com while searching for a healthy banana muffin recipe.  The kids loved them!    I put a little dab of cream cheese icing on one for Maddie, but Ellie loved them just plain.  I was scared to do solely whole wheat, so added a little white flour.

Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I did 2 1/2 cups wheat and 1 cup white)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp wheat germ (optional)
2/3 cup canola oil
1 cup honey
4 eggs (I only used to by accident and they turned out great)
2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 4 large bananas)
1/2 cup hot water

Instructions:
1) Stir together dry ingredients
2) Beat oil and honey together; add eggs and beat well
3) Add bananas and beat to combine
4) Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with hot water;  mix well after each addition
5) Spoon batter in greased muffin cups (I did half regular muffins and half mini-muffins)
6) Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes (it took more like 18 minutes for me and I ended up increased temperature to 350 for the second batch) or until muffins are golden brown
7) Remove from oven and cool on rack


No comments:

Post a Comment